Induction: creating an effective induction programme
Recruitment costs are high and we put a lot of time and effort in recruiting good staff. A good induction programme can make a big difference to how quickly and easily new staff settle into an organisation and become effective performers.
Effective induction means a more confident and better skilled workforce, which means higher productivity and lower staff turnover. This induction training course will help you gain a better understanding of the importance of good induction and how organisations can go about getting it right.
This training course takes you on an induction journey looking at preparation for a new member joining the organisation; during their first few months; evaluating the usefulness of induction and the future. We will also provide an opportunity for you to start putting together an action plan to Get it Right in your organisation.
The course covers:
- impact and benefits of good induction and consequences of getting it wrong
- selling the importance of good induction to others
- corporate verses local induction
- the elements of a successful induction programme
- preparing for induction including
- who is responsible for induction
- who/what needs to be included in the programme, eg, health and safety; trade unions
- length of induction
- writing a New Entrant Handbook
- awareness of the way people learn and adopting the right style of learning for the individual
- learning methods and embedding induction in other learning programmes
- monitoring induction
- getting feedback from new entrants
- evaluating your induction programme
- action planning
- a year of free support
Who is this course for?
This induction training is helpful, across an organisation, for anyone with responsibility for inducting new staff including managers, staff and HR/Learning and Development professionals.
The training is best delivered in-house, enabling you to develop an organisation-wide approach to induction. It is therefore not currently scheduled on our open programme. If you would like further information, please call us on 020 74903030.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This training course will enable you to set up and run induction training that really works.
Other courses to consider
This course is run on request. This means that we will keep your details on file and once we have at least three people interested in the course we will contact you to let you know and to schedule a date. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
Alternatively we can also run this as an in-company course. Find out more about in-company training.