Introduction to leadership
"What does it mean to step up to a leadership position?"
"I am a new team leader - what's the difference between leadership and management?"
"What does it mean to lead a team anyway?"
"How do you lead a group who until recently have been your peers and friends?"
"Are junior managers also leaders?"
"Are leaders born or made?"
This course provides you with a comprehensive introduction to leadership and to the skills and qualities associated with leading people and teams.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course on our at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
Over the one day you will cover:
- the place, importance and purpose of leadership in 21st century organisations
- management v leadership: What’s the difference?
- frontline and grassroots leadership
- leadership: the key characteristics
- styles of leadership and your response to these
- the leader as communicator
- leading teams: the core issues
- readiness for leadership: an opportunity for self-audit
- personal action planning
- a year of free support
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone starting out in a leadership or management position and interested in getting to grips with the leadership component of their work. It will also suit people hoping to move into leadership or management for the first time. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
By the end of the workshop you will be able to describe and explain the core skills, qualities and characteristics of a leader. You will be able to recognise and assess a range of approaches to leadership in your organisation and elsewhere. You will have a clear idea of the leadership component of your role and what this means for you in practice. You will also have additional insight into your strengths in leadership and areas for development.
- Other courses to consider
- £- plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £- plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)