Managing underperformance, absence and stress
(Former name: Managing poor performance, absence and stress )
Our one-day performance management training course is ideal for line managers and those supporting them in dealing with difficult cases of poor employee performance. It recognises that in some situations the objective will be improvement, while others call for more effective management control.
“The course was very well conducted. The trainer was very good at engaging the team into debates. The activities were all great as well.”
— AD, City YMCA London
“The trainer had excellent experience and knowledge. My overall experience at the Centre was excellent and I would recommend their training courses.”
— EM, Shape Arts
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 12 May, 2017
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
Performance Management Training Courses in London
Addressing staffing challenges helps middle and senior managers to contribute to organisational effectiveness; a failure to do so damages all stakeholders. This management skills course focuses particularly on working within an appropriate policy and legal framework to secure desired outcomes. Over the day you will cover:
- the law on performance, absence and stress, particularly disability
- dealing with cases alleging victimisation, bullying and harassment
- managing absence - acceptable levels, short and long term issues, medical support
- responsibilities of employers and employees in stress cases
- setting and communicating performance standards
- appraisals and supervision
- addressing unacceptable performance - indiscipline, underachievement, and how to tackle concerns fairly and effectively
- a year of free support
The course will make extensive use of group discussion, sharing of experiences and problems, and a number of case studies based on real experience, as well as offering guidance on appropriate policy frameworks.
This performance mangement training course take place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to mainline rail, tube and bus stations.
Who is this course for?
Our performance management training course in London is for any manager at any level who wants a clear legal framework and greater confidence in dealing with absence and poor performance in staff.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This performance management training course will give you a good understanding of the legal and best practice context for dealing with absence and poor performance. You will explore how to approach these difficult issues successfully and how to effect change, how to approach issues in one-to-ones and what to do when a more formal approach is necessary. The course uses both real life case studies and participants? own experiences to demonstrate how to put your learning into practice.
- Other courses to consider
- £345 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £445 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £495 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)