Moving from manager to leader - taking on a senior management role
(Former name: Moving from manager to leader)
Our Management training: moving from manager to leader – taking on a senior management role is a course developed for aspiring senior managers and chief executives. The senior management training is for managers who have at least three years' experience, with direct responsibility for managing both people and resources. In challenging times, it provides a much needed opportunity to focus on your strategic skills, your organisational understanding and your capacity to lead and manage through change. It offers an excellent chance to reflect on your experience with others who are similarly placed, tackle any difficulties, and raise your effectiveness even further. This is a two-day senior management course, plus a follow up half-day.
“An excellent course. I would recommend it to anyone moving from a manager to leader in their career. The trainer delivered the material extremely well & kept everyone engaged throughout. ”
— KK, HSBC
“The trainer was interactive, intuitive and very personable in delivering the course. She kept me interested, gave me relevant solutions and made me feel supported. The course was excellent.”
— SR, National Union of Teachers
“The content of the course was varied and interesting with a fantastic trainer who helped me gain a more in-depth knowledge of how to bridge the gap from manager to leader. ”
— FW, Climb
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 25 April, 2017 – 26 April, 2017 (plus half-day morning follow-up on 4 July, 2017) — 20% off
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
Senior Management Training Courses in London
Moving from manager to leader helps middle and senior managers to gain confidence, authority and skills. This senior management training course focuses particularly on the crucial leadership skills and strategies that you need to make the most of every opportunity, for both your organisation and yourself. Over the first two days you will cover:
- leadership in today's climate: what we can do
- from operational to strategic management: moving up a gear
- your organisation, its culture and its impact on your leadership approach
- power and authority: differences and similarities
- how power works in organisations
- leading and managing through change
- how to 'be' as a senior manager: handling yourself in role
- using your influence at work
- team-building for success
- your team leadership style
- the leader as communicator
- managing difficult conversations and meetings
- managing upwards and sideways
- advanced motivation skills: understanding and getting the most from different individuals
- critical incidents in organisations: how to avoid a crisis
- impression management: your personal PR
- a year of free support
Half-day follow-up session: After the two-day senior management training course, you will have the opportunity to return and critically review your progress, looking particularly at any sticking points and covering any materials of special interest or concern.
This course is CPD accredited and worth 12 CPD points.
This senior management training course takes place at the Centre's central London training suite with easy access to tube, bus and mainline rail stations.
Who is this course for?
Our Moving from manager to leader course is specifically targeted at senior managers. It will be helpful, though not essential; to have attended either the Centre's Moving into management course or our Moving up in management course. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
After this senior management training you will have a better understanding of the way power works in organisations. You will be able to operate within your own organisation with increased effectiveness, and handle yourself as a manager with increased assurance. Your people and resource management skills will be honed, and you will be in a position to use your new-found influence and authority wisely.
Other courses to consider
You can take this course at an endorsed level through the ILM - see more details.
You may be interested in some of out other management training courses such as Strategic planning and thinking; Diversity matters; Project management; Influencing skills; Finance skills for non financial managers.
- £655 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £825 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £925 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)