This course is designed specifically for those who write for challenging audiences. Whether you need your readers to change their mind about a particular issue or to commit to a change in behaviour you will pick up the tips and techniques you need to reach your audiences in the most effective way.
“It was good to have our work reviewed by the trainer as it made the learning and feedback more relevant.”
— SW, Muscular Dystrophy Campaign
“The trainer was really engaging and the material was tailored to our individual needs and there was a nice flow through the subjects. The atmosphere was inspiring, motivational and encouraging.”
— CV, Halford's Media Ltd
“The trainer taught us practical, transferable skills to take forward into our work. I now have a much better idea of what a reader expects from me and my communications.”
— BG, Amnesty UK
“The course was excellent! The trainer was really aware and open to our particular experiences which meant everything she taught us was very relevant. She really tailored it to our needs and experience”
— ES, Macmillan
“The course was very thorough, very engaging and really made me think about the language we use. It has provided me with lots of practical and useful advice for our events and communication strategies”
— BM, ADF
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course on our at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This practical, hands-on course equips you with the writing skills you need to motivate and persuade your audience. In particular you will focus on some of the obstacles to effective writing and how to overcome them. Over the day you will cover:
- purpose of publication
- developing a message
- understanding your audience
- overcoming readers’ prejudices
- clarifying and delivering a clear message
- how to plan your writing
- the three types of writing- and when to use them
- adjusting your language to reach your audience
- writing for professionals and politicians
- writing for internal audiences
- motivating and persuading – how to get audiences to take action
- structuring for a response
- five rules of web writing
- editing and proof reading – systems and procedures
- the importance of house style
- giving and receiving feedback
- a year of free support
This course takes place at the Centre's central London training suite.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who needs to get a message across to a particular audience. It is particularly useful for those who need to write letters, emails, print materials or Web content that intends to change attitudes and behaviour. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
Your trainer will engage directly with your needs and those of your organisation. Throughout the day you will participate in discussions, training sessions and practical exercises. On completing the course, you will feel more confident in your writing skills and will be keen to put your new, fresh ideas into practice.
- Other courses to consider
- £245 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £355 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £395 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)