A practical and interactive workshop on how to identify and address unacceptable levels of short-term absence and manage long term sick employees within the law.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This course will cover:
- The business impact of absence
- Reporting absence
- Short term sickness
- Long term sickness
- Non-sickness absence including dependents leave, adverse weather
- Self and medical certificates
- SSP outline
- Enhanced sick pay
- Return to work interviews
- Formal action to manage absence
- Disability discrimination and reasonable adjustments
- Annual leave and sickness absence
Who is this course for?
HR professionals and line managers with people management responsibilities. The workshop will support HR teams in creating and supporting absence management procedures and give line managers the tools to appropriately manage the attendance levels of their people.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
Attendees will be able to:
• Appreciate how to encourage appropriate attendance at work
• Understand the main legal implications around managing absence
• Increase their confidence in managing absence related matters
Other courses to consider
The Centre offers a wide range of courses to help managers and leaders develop their skills, including: Human Resources: the essentials, Restructure and redundancy workshop, Employment law for people managers workshop, Family-friendly working, Conducting a formal hearing (disciplinary, capability, absence), Working with the contract of employment, What’s new in HR and employment, Discipline and managing conduct at work
- £589 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £654 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)