Blogging: writing a blog that works hard for your organisation
If you are writing a blog, or considering writing a blog on behalf of your organisation, there's a lot to think about before you start. This London based blog writing course guides you through the key strategic decisions you need to make for a well-planned, expertly written and efficiently evaluated blog. You will also cover the key writing skills that result in excellent blog posts, every time.
“I learnt how to de formalise text to make it more engaging. I am definitely ready to give blogging a go now!”
— MS, Ergonmic Solutions
“This was a great course and I left feeling motivated. The trainer was very personable and interacted with us as a group really well.”
— NR, Virtually U
“Overall, this was a great course. The trainer was engaging and interesting. Thank you!”
— MM, Charities Aid Foundation
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course on our at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
Throughout our London based blogging training course you will look at what makes a good blog. You will understand what works, what doesn't and why. You will make decisions about the style and tone of your blog, and what you should write about. You will learn how to develop clear and effective messages and how to write blog posts that drive audiences to action. Over the day you will cover:
- what are blogs and how are they being used?
- what do you want your blog to achieve?
- supporting your brand values
- the right style, tone and content to reach your target audience
- writing in your voice or the corporate voice?
- minimising risk, maximising opportunities
- evaluating your writing style
- 10 things you need to know about writing a quality blog
- where blogging fits within your communications strategy
- growing your audience - on and off line
- linking strategies
- trailing blog posts on Twitter
- managing comment and discussion
- evaluating the impact of your blog
- a year of free support
This course takes place at the Centre's central London training suite with easy access to mainline rail, tube and bus links.
Who is this course for?
This blogging course is for anyone who writes or is considering writing a blog on behalf of their organisation. It is particularly useful for marketing, PR and communications professionals, but also for those who need to promote their products or services as part of a wider role.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This blogging training course helps you understand how to write a great blog. It will guide you through the risks and opportunities involved in blogging and help you to develop a blog that meets your corporate needs. You will also be able to advise your colleagues when editing their blogs.
Other courses to consider
In addition to Blogging the Centre offers a wide range of writing courses that will improve your marketing and promotional material. If you are responsible for your organisation's social media campaigns then Social media and online communications could be just what you need. Or consider Digital writing; Copywriting; Print newsletters that will get read and Email newsletters and ebulletins. You may also wish to consider the Centre's popular Proofreading course.
- £245 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £355 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £395 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)