Developing your personal brand
In today's market outstanding performance is no longer enough if you want to progress your career. Image and visibility are now essential components of career success. You are a brand - and you need to know what your brand stands for.
In this highly interactive and intriguing one-day training course you will explore how you would like to come across to others and find out how you actually come across to others. You will self-evaluate your emotional intelligence and get a clear understanding of how you deal with both positive people and difficult people.
The course builds a comprehensive profile of 'Me PLC' - a fascinating insight into who you are and what you stand for. Knowing your personal brand will allow you to project the image and impression you want to create in the workplace in a consistent and authentic manner.
“The course was well delivered, really relevant, thought provoking and I think this course will really help me in my career. ”
— AA, Sport England
“JJ has taught me a lot and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of his courses. Everything was very user friendly and personable from the refreshments, literature and resources.”
— LK, St Catherines Hospice
“I have already used, or will in the future, all the information learnt to ensure that brand ‘me' is a highly valued, respected and sought after brand! ”
— LT, Kent Probation
“The course was relevant and should be recommended for all managers. The trainer was very interesting and diligent. ”
— CN, National Health Insurance Scheme
“This course has been incredibly helpful. It was great, well paced and presented and the trainer was fantastic! The Centre is a welcoming and well equipped environment. ”
— FK, Museum of London
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 26 March, 2020
- 22 May, 2020
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then Group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
Over the day you will cover:
o the three things that people with impact do
o how the most successful brands succeed
o 'Me PLC' - building your profile
o what is a 'brand'? What sets you apart?
o the image you want to present vs. the image you actually present
- how you communicate your brand
o the power of non-verbal communication
o emotional intelligence
o understanding yourself and understanding others
o empathy and rapport - the key skills in interpersonal relationships
- your conflict handling style
o identifying your preferred style
o how to be assertive without being aggressive
- a year of free support
This training course, Developing your personal brand, takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Who is this course for?
Developing your personal brand is suitable for anyone, at any level, who wants to progress their career.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
At the end of this course you will:
• acknowledge and recognise that you are a 'brand'
• be clear about your career values and how they shape your behaviour
• assess your perception of yourself and how that correlates with that portrayed to others
• have identified your strengths and areas for development in interpersonal relationships and gain tips and techniques on how to build and develop them
• know how to communicate to build rapport and empathy
• be able to use a technique to get your opinion across in an assertive way without being aggressive
• build up a comprehensive profile of 'Me PLC' in terms of how you perceive yourself, how others see you, how assertive you are, your level of self-awareness, how well you manage your emotions, how well you relate to others, and how you handle conflict.
Other courses to consider
The Centre offers a wide range of personal effectiveness, management and communications courses which compliment this training; these include Emotional intelligence in management and leadership, Influencing skills, Moving into management and Presentation skills.
- £469 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £522 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)