Discipline and managing conduct at work
Equipping managers to manage workplace standards of behaviors and handle workplace misbehavior confidently. This practical and interactive workshop covering the steps required for dealing with disciplinary issues effectively within the legal framework.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This course will cover:
- Defining misconduct (as opposed to capability or other issues)
- The process
- Informal interventions
- Disciplinary policy and purpose
- Acas code of practice
- Conducting an investigation
- Conducting a hearing
- Tricky issues
Who is this course for?
HR professionals and line managers with little or no experience of people management. The workshop will explain or refresh good practice and legal compliance.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
Attendees will be able to:
• Appreciate how to encourage positive behavior
• Understand the main legal implications around addressing misconduct
• Increase their confidence in managing misconduct matters
Other courses to consider
The Centre offers a wide range of courses to help managers and leaders develop their skills, including: Human Resources: the essentials, Restructure and redundancy workshop, Employment law for people managers workshop, Family-friendly working, Conducting a formal hearing (disciplinary, capability, absence), Working with the contract of employment, What’s new in HR and employment
- £589 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £654 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)