Diversity is an important issue for all organisations to consider for three main reasons: to comply with legislation, to be ethical and responsible and to maximise potential business benefits. This half-day diversity awareness workshop is designed to introduce delegates to the key diversity issues. The style of the workshop is very participative and delegates are encouraged to explore the subject of diversity in a relaxed, fun and non-threatening way.
“A great half-day workshop with useful and thought-provoking discussions. I would fully recommend this course.”
— SA, Prostate Cancer UK
“The course was very interesting and thought provoking. I found the exercises very enjoyable and felt the course was beneficial.”
— JC, East End Homes
“The course has an excellent communicator, activities and great materials. The trainer is very knowledgeable and the course met my objectives.”
— AA, COFE
“A very positive experience. There was good variety in the exercises and discussions and a good balance between active learning and reading and listening.”
— RC, Church of England
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
Throughout this diversity awareness course we will cover:
- what does diversity mean?
- what is the relationship between diversity and equal opportunities?
- the benefits to organisations of embracing diversity
- the strengths of diverse teams in the workplace
- the issues and problems that may occur if organisations do not manage diversity effectively
- The Equality Act 2010 - an introduction
- what is direct and indirect discrimination?
- an exploration of stereotypes
- a year of free support
This diversity training course takes place at the Centre's central London training suite and is a half day session, running from 10:00 until 12:30 or 13.30 until 16:00. Lunch and refreshments are provided, so you will be able to enjoy your lunch after the session has finished.
Who is this course for?
This diversity workshop is for anybody who wants to find out more about diversity and our legal obligations in an enjoyable, hands-on and non-threatening way. The workshop is relevant to people working at all levels.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, private sector and corporate sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
The workshop will allow delegates to explore and discuss diversity issues in a safe environment and to gain an understanding of the new Equality Act 2010. The tone of the workshop is extremely positive and motivating. This workshop is not about lecturing people about what they 'must' do but hopefully about inspiring them to want to take diversity seriously because of the myriad of potential benefits for organisations and individuals alike.
- Other courses to consider
- £125 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £195 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £225 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)