Employment law for people managers 1 day workshop
People managers - whether that is line managers or HR professionals do not need to be employment law experts, but they should hold some high-level knowledge to operate within the law, to recognise emerging issues and escalate to legal advisors where required.
This 1 day workshop provides information and practical activities on key employment law subjects people managers should be aware of.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This One day course will be delivered as two half day sessions and will cover:
- Right to work in the UK
- The contract of employment
- Working time
- Case management - conduct, performance and absence
- Workplace discrimination
- Family friendly rights
Who is this course for?
This course is for HR professionals and line managers with little or no employment law knowledge.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
Attendees will be able to:
• Identify the main legal requirements applicable to managing employees
• Apply the essential principles that support compliance with employment law
• Commercially assess responsibilities and rights in the employer/employee relationship
• Confidently conduct formal and informal employee meetings
• Apply good practice to day to day people management processes to get the best from employees
- Other courses to consider
- £589 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £654 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)