This facilitation training course looks at principles, values and techniques for dynamic, participatory and experiential facilitation. There will be opportunities to apply the tools and techniques and practice facilitation yourselves.
Participants will develop their skills in planning and preparing one-day sessions, meeting the needs of participants through a range of participatory facilitation techniques for varied and stimulating meetings and problem-solving. Dealing with challenges and challenging behaviour will also be addressed.
“The course has made me feel more confident and empowered. The course was very interesting and insightful, it was very interactive and kept me engaged throughout the day. ”
— ET, Engineering Council
“This was a very practical, useful and focused course. The trainer was very engaging, knowledgeable and friendly.”
— PM, Tri-borough Children's Services
“Absolutely brilliant! A very enjoyable day that held my interest throughout and also taught me A LOT about myself!”
— LG, Evolve Housing and Support
“The course was very well run and interesting. It covered new areas and refreshed my memory on several topics.”
— KB, Ministry of Agro and Rural Industries
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 31 October, 2017
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
A facilitator is a coordinator, leader, thinker, negotiator, timekeeper, recorder, referee, neutral observer. This facilitation course will help you develop the skills to take on these different roles.
Over the day you will cover:
- the art and values of facilitation
- processes including needs assessment, establishing aims and objectives and evaluation
- the skills of the facilitator
o including and involving
o stretching and challenging participants
o ensuring that problems are identified and dealt with
- facilitation tools including role-play, blue sky discussion, using analytical models, games and story-telling
- facilitation for meetings, consultation, consensus-building, breakout groups and plenaries
- problem-solving, including handling challenging behaviour
- cross-cultural work and equal opportunities
- a year of free support
Who is this course for?
This facilitation skills course is for anyone who needs to facilitate discussion including team leaders, project managers and those who want to add to their communication skills. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
By the end of the workshop, you will have learnt tools and techniques to help you develop your own effective facilitation style. You will understand how to motivate different people, how to facilitate productive discussion, and reach agreement on action. You will have developed your skills in supporting participants to think clearly and creatively, and work together productively.
- Other courses to consider
- £345 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £445 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £495 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)