(Former name: Working with focus groups)
Do you know what your customers are thinking and feeling? A focus group can help you find out. A well run focus group can give you valuable insights and help you plan better products and services. This practical course will teach you how to run a focus group give you the skills you need to set up and run great focus groups.
“Really enjoyed it, came away feeling informed. Great to have a good guide to take away.”
— VD, Turning Point
“A huge amount achieved in one day! The trainer was extremely professional with an ability to maintain everyones interest.”
— GG, Touchstone
“Great course - practical and based on my needs. I will now be able to run focus groups with confidence.”
— AM, London Borough of Islington
“I approached the course wanting to have more confidence and facilitate a focus group and I feel I have left having achieved this. The trainer was excellent and had a lovely training environment. ”
— MF, Kent County Council
“I have learnt valuable methods which will help for future focus groups. The centre is a really nice venue and well located.”
— DB, Hackney Homes Ltd
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course virtually for your organisation, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
How to Run a Focus Group: Running a Focus Group Training
Over the day you will cover:
- when and how to use focus group research methodolgy
- establishing appropriate aims and objectives
- preparing a topic book
- recruiting the participants
- finding the right venue
- identifying and formulating the right questions
- developing and using visual aids
- moderating skills
- creating an informal, relaxed atmosphere
- asking questions
- using visual aids, case studies and other stimuli
- keeping discussion on track
- handling difficult situations
- recording the discussion
- analysing and reporting findings
- a year of free support
All our training courses are delivered virtually. The webinar systems used do not require software download..
Who is this course for?
The people who will find this running a focus group training course useful are:
- communication and marketing professionals who want to run focus groups
- managers who want to undertake stakeholder research
- anyone who wants to commission an agency to conduct a focus group and would like to understand the process
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
The how to run a focus group course will help you understand the role of focus groups, and enable you to take a hands on role in running a focus group. After the course you will be able to identity when a focus group is the appropriate qualitative research method, develop and run an effective focus group, analyse and report on the outcomes from a focus group.
- Other courses to consider
- £522 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £589 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)