General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This course has been designed to provide a practical overview and understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation. The Regulation updates and strengthens key features from the Data Protection act 1998. It requires organisations to safeguard people’s personal data. Each person has a role to play. We will cover key knowledge and an overview of the key implementation and compliance activities. You will get a clear understanding of the legal and day to day implementation of the GDPR to make you more confident in handling data at work.
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 17 March, 2020
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then Group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
During the day, you will cover the principles and practices of effective data processing including:
- A definition of data protection and the 4 dimensions of confidentiality
- Individual and organisational responsibilities in safeguarding data to meet people’s rights
- The 7 principles of the GDPR with practical examples to understand their importance in handling a range of data
- The 6 processing conditions as the basis for processing data, and exemptions in processing data including vital interests
- What’s new in the GDPR, two levels of fines, do’s and don’ts
Who is this course for?
The course is for anyone who handles data or supports people who handle data. As an introduction it is suitable for both staff at all levels as well as managers with an operational focus. The emphasis is on practical applications of the Regulation in promoting best practice standards. It is also suitable as a refresher or for Data Protection Officers.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This course will help improve your understanding of data protection, promoting your confidence in handling a whole range of data.
- £512 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £569 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)