How to organise stand out virtual events
This virtual events management course helps turn event managers with experience into confident and skilled online event producers able to deliver stand out virtual events.
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 30 September, 2020 — 15% off
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then Group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
This course is a hands on, high content workshop designed to give you all the tools you need to design, plan and deliver successful virtual events (webinars, virtual conferences, hybrid events). You will get clear, logical, easy to follow advice covering pre-event market research, virtual event design, timings, format, slide design, engagement tools and techniques, pricing, presenting on line, virtual event operational planning, selecting the right platform, on the day scheduling and event day analytics. You will get a copy of the slides, top tips and planning aids. The aim of this course is to give you the skills and confidence to plan and direct your own high-quality virtual events.
The course will cover:
Harnessing the virtual event opportunity
Pre-event market research: Designing online events your customers or visitors actually want
How to design and programme your event to deliver results in the virtual world: optimal timings and recommended formats
How to search, select and support your virtual presenters: Slide design and how to present on line
How to create high levels audience engagements. Tools and techniques
How to engage or support a conference moderator:
Knowing when to charge and what to charge for your event
How to create compelling events promotional copy and optimised event landing pages designed to increase your event sign up rates.
Creating an event script with strong opening and closing statements
How to create a fail-safe events operational plan: joining instructions, how to guides, run throughs and contingency planning
Which platform is right for your event and your audience? Objectives, features and limitations
It’s showtime: virtual event day: what to do, when to do it
Event evaluation: expectation v reality
a year of free support
Who is this course for?
This virtual event management course is specifically for:
• Event managers who have no or little actual virtual events experience or formal training.
• Anybody who has been given a virtual event to organise or been asked to help plan and deliver an online event.
• Event managers who have been asked to move their existing event programme online
• Anybody who has already tried virtual events but found they have not quite delivered.
• Anybody who wants to know how to run virtually brilliant events
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
• Designing online events your customers or visitors actually want
• Harness this new opportunity to drive engagement, revenue and audience reach
• create and design online event programme that will deliver results in the virtual world
• Effectively design presentations for the online audience
• Search, select and support your virtual presenters. NB: Presenting on line requires new skills to learnt and used
• Create high levels of audience engagement NB: if you don’t deliver on this, they will simply click and ‘leave the meeting’
• Understand which platform is right for your event and your audience
• Price your on line events to sell
• Increase your event sign up rates by creating effective event promotional plans using on and off line media
• Construct accurate operational plans to help you set up and run your events
• Obtain feedback and evaluate the effect of your event
…And produce successful and importantly rewarding virtual events…on time every time
Other courses to consider
If you are new to event management and are looking for an introductory level course, take a look at Event management: an introduction.
You may find Project management an useful course which covers the broader area of managing the whole project rather than just the event.
Alternatively, consider Finance skills for non financial managers which will help you with the financial aspects of event management.
- £589 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £654 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)