Increasing performance with positive psychology
This one-day training workshop is a scientifically based approach to increasing individual and team performance with positive psychology. The session provides the opportunity to examine and practice the processes, tools and highly effective techniques for increasing performance and achieving success.
“Excellent course which covered a variety of topics at the right level and used plenty of practical examples and interaction. Overall, excellent!”
— CC, FSCS
“The course definitely helped as I am able to take away techniques to practice.”
— CB, Charity for Civil Servants
“A useful opportunity to discuss challenges and identify solutions. It was good to have a theoretical understanding to contextualise the discussion. ”
— G, Mazars
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 29 October, 2019
- 6 February, 2020
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then Group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
The course will cover:
- explore positive psychology theories and how their application can have a positive impact on performance
- understand how positive emotions enhance cognitive and physical resilience and increase our ability to deal effectively with challenges and setbacks
- discover how positive psychology can support us to increase and maintain focus enabling improved performance
- understand the importance of mindset when seeking to increase and maintain performance at high levels
- understand what positive psychology reveals about the change process and how this knowledge can be harnessed for success
- take away a toolkit of practical tips for increasing performance
- a year of free support
This training course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Who is this course for?
Our Increasing performance with positive psychology training course is for anyone who wants to increase individual and group performance and consistently maintain a high level of achievement.
The course is suitable for managers and those interested in understanding more about the application of neuroscience at work. Whilst this course is anchored in scientific research, the content of this course is explained in plain English meaning you do not need a scientific background to understand the content.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This course provides an opportunity to examine the science and practice the processes used within positive psychology to enhance and increase performance.
The session covers a range of positive psychology approaches, from building a repertoire of positive emotions to manage challenge, to understanding and increasing focus to stay on track with performance related goals.
You will learn and practice an essential toolkit of positive psychology techniques that have been scientifically proven to increase performance, maintain motivation and achieve success.
Other courses to consider
The Centre offers a wide range of personal effectiveness and management courses which compliment this training, including Developing a growth mindset for success, Emotional intelligence in management and leadership and Mindfulness at work.
- £245 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £355 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £395 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)