Interview skills for managers
Hiring the right staff is one of the most important management and HR skills and it is critical to get it right. This course is designed for managers and HR professionals who either want to improve their interviewing skills or who are just now starting a recruitment role in the organisation.
This practical and highly interactive one-day workshop will cover best practice interview techniques and will help participants choose the best candidate for every job they need to fill. It will consider the key steps in the selection process, focusing on the face-to-face interview and how to ensure that this is conducted in the best possible way and yields positive results.
“This course was one of the best I have ever done! The course worked well with having a small group. ”
— KB, Thames Luxury Charters Ltd
“The course was brilliant and well put together. Susan was a friendly tutor and the Centre has a lovely environment and delicious food.”
— LJ, Moore Stepmens
“The course was very well structured and had some really useful content. Susan was extremely welcoming, very clear communicator and created a relaxed learning environment.”
— SP, British Ecological Society
“Now I fully understand the purpose of interviewing and how to conduct an effective interview which will help me with the planning of interviews, questions and tasks.”
— MMF, Royal College of Pathologists
“Will is friendly and approachable and has helped me understand how to improve my techniques.”
— KB, Port Lymphe Reserve
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This one-day workshop covers the following:
- understanding yourself and the effect you have on others
- best/worst interview practice
- the selection process
- your interview style
- trust and credibility
- stages of the interview
- interview ‘tool kit’
- behavioural and competency based interviews
- getting under the skin of the candidate
- a year of free support
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Who is this course for?
Our Interview skills training course, held in London, is designed for anyone who wants to improve their interviewing skills. In particular, managers and HR people who regularly conduct interviews or for those who are new to the role.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including public, voluntary, corporate and private.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
As a result of taking this course, you will:
- learn how to apply behavioural and competency based techniques in order to make better decisions on applicants
- increase awareness of how effective body language and non-verbal communication impact your interviews
- understand the interview process and, through exercises and role playing, learn how to make your interviews truly effective
- build confidence in your interview skills and develop your Internal Coach to 'course correct' on-the-spot for excellent interview results
- Other courses to consider
- £589 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £654 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)