Introduction to leadership
"What does it mean to step up to a leadership position?"
"I am a new team leader - what's the difference between leadership and management?"
"What does it mean to lead a team anyway?"
"How do you lead a group who until recently have been your peers and friends?"
"Are junior managers also leaders?"
"Are leaders born or made?"
This course provides you with a comprehensive introduction to leadership and to the skills and qualities associated with leading people and teams.
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 2 October, 2020
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then Group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
Over the day you will cover:
- Exploring the difference between management and leadership
- What does leadership mean in today’s workplace
- What are the key skills and characteristics of a good leader
- The advantages & disadvantages of different leadership styles
- What’s my leadership style
- Where are my leadership strengths & where should I focus my development
- What are the next steps I should take in develop my leadership skills
- a year of free support
Who is this course for?
The course is ideal for individuals who already have some experience in management or those that are starting on a management career and want to develop an understanding of where this might lead. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
By the end of the workshop you will have a good understanding of what it means to be a leader which will prepare you for the step from manager to leader. You will understand different leadership styles and that you can use different approaches in different situations. You will also gain an insight into your own natural leadership style. You will leave with a greater confidence and understanding of leadership which will prepare you for the next stage of your career.
- Other courses to consider
- £589 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £654 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)