Change is the only constant at work and without it we can’t go forward. But most of us resist change to a greater or lesser extent. How can we, as managers, empower ourselves to embrace change and enthuse our teams to do the same?
Understanding how change works is key to our success and this practical course will give you tools for understanding underlying models of change as well as how to work with others to ensure good results. We will look at the different kinds of change and how to lead in different circumstances.
You will leave the course with plenty of practical tools, checklists and ideas to take back to the workplace and put into practice straight away.
“A very good course - some good pointers and advice as well as practical theory delivered in a clear, concise way.”
— PH, Breast Cancer Campaign
“I found the course very interesting and definitely positively above my expectations. It has, I believe, given me some very good tips and a base to work on. The overall experience has been very good.”
— RA, Anthony Nolan
“This was the most useful course I have been on, as it is particularly timely. The trainer was helpful and knowledgeable and was able to frame issues differently which was eye opening. ”
— AC, Health and Care Professionals Council
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 14 November, 2019
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then Group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
This one-day course will cover:
- Kotter's fundamental model of change
- different kinds of change and different ways to lead your team
- planning change: frameworks to help your thinking
- seven key roles within the change process
- how people respond to change and how to handle these responses
- dealing with resistance in your team and in stakeholders
- Kurt Lewin's three phases of change: managing in the tricky transition period
- tools for communicating change
- measuring and communicating the results
- a year of free support
This change management course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to mainline rail, tube and bus links.
Who is this course for?
This change management course is for managers and leaders who want to bring about positive change in their team, workplace or organisation. Perfect for individual who want to move things forward in the workplace, this course will give you invaluable tools, models and techniques to use straight away.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, private sector and corporate sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
You will gain a greater understanding of the change process and the different phases of change. You will be able to prepare for change in a structured way and develop methods of predicting and countering resistance. You will also learn ways of influencing others in the change process as well as how to manage your team through change in ways that gain buy-in and empower others.
- Other courses to consider
- £345 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £445 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £495 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)