Mediation skills for managers
This two-day mediation skills course is designed to provide an overview of how mediation works, the benefits of using it in the workplace and will equip managers with the skills used by mediators to nip conflict in the bud.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course on our at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
In today's challenging times, with organisations and individuals increasingly under pressure to perform better - often with less resource - increased levels of conflict are inevitable. And conflict in the workplace, if left unaddressed, leads to poor productivity, low morale, sickness, absence and increased levels of grievance and employment tribunals. This London based course will explore the key principles that underpin mediation and you will learn how to incorporate mediation skills into your everyday managerial practice as well as experience mediating a real life workplace conflict.
The course covers:
- the most common causes of conflict in your organisation/department
- understanding reactions to conflict and how conflict escalates
- the key principles of mediation
- understanding how to set up and run a mediation
- practising the advanced communication skills used by mediators
- how to stay impartial
- principled negotation
- how to facilitate a consensual approach to problem solving
- how to help parties find their own solutions
- when to mediate - and when not to
- how to make the case internally for mediation
- a year of free support
This two-day course in mediation skills takes place at the Centre's central London training suite with easy access to mainline rail, tube and bus links.
Who is this course for?
This two-day course is especially useful for managers at all levels who want to understand how to use mediation techniques to resolve interpersonal conflict quickly and effectively. The course is also relevant to anyone with responsibility for helping individuals resolve conflict such as HR professionals or union representatives.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, private sector and corporate sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
After attending this course, you will know when and how to mediate low level conflicts at work. By identifying and addressing problems early, you will be able to help save time and money by avoiding costly, stressful and time consuming grievances and employment tribunals.
Other courses to consider
The Centre runs a range of courses for managing conflict, dealing with difficult people and mediation skills for people at all levels within an organisation. You may consider Handling difficult people and situations; Resolving conflict with the customer or Conflict resolution: an introduction.
This course and all of our other courses can be run in-company at your organisation. Call Nadira Love on 020 7490 3030 for more information on in-company training.
- £655 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £825 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £925 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)