Networking and representing your organisation
(Former name: The public face: how to represent your organisation)
How you perform as a representative reflects on your organisation as well as on you. If the values of your organisation are embodied in the way you present yourself, other people gain a clearer understanding of your corporate attitudes and concerns. This course gives you practical insight into how to achieve this synergy, so that you leave a positive and lasting impression on new work contacts. It looks at how to take a strategic approach to representing your organisation, and will give you tips and techniques for developing your personal image, effective networking and media interviews.
“I feel more comfortable now about my skills to network and talk to others about what I do. It has been very inspiring and useful.”
— EY, Y Care International
“I enjoyed the course - I feel I got a lot of insight and reassurance of how to act, how actions come across and that confidence and resilience are essential.”
— EB, Social Mobility Foundation
“Fantastic course which really helped me to improve my skills. I have recommended it to all I meet!”
— RT, Ethical Property Foundation
“Very good with a great trainer. She made everyone feel welcome and ensured everyone's objectives were being addressed.”
— FL, Wildlife and Countryside Link
“We were given lots of opportunities to ask questions, share experiences and relate them to our own organisations.”
— ND, DHL UK Foundation
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 29 January, 2018
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
This is a very practical course and tailored to the needs of the participants. Over the day you will cover:
- being strategic about your role as ambassador - how to get started
- identifying ambassador opportunities e.g. membership of external bodies, speaking at conferences
- supporting your ambassadors and giving them the support they need
- ensuring the ambassadors bring back information and contacts into the organisation
- introducing your organisation in an engaging and inspiring way
- developing and using key messages effectively
- reflecting the values of your organisation in the way you present yourself
- understanding how you come across and the impact you make
- representing your organisation in the media
- top ten tips for effective, non-predatory networking
- how to develop your organisation as a networking 'hub' in your field
- getting the right balance between internal and external work
- eg choosing between attending an important conference or going to your team's Christmas party
- a year of free support
This course takes place at the Centre's central London training suite.
Who is this course for?
The course is for anyone whose work includes representing their organisation, either as a spokesperson or at networking events. It is of equal benefit to people who are new to taking on an ambassadorial role, and to those who have experience but wish to update their techniques and learn new skills. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This course will equip you with some of the practical skills you need to represent your organisation - networking skills, media skills and personal impression management skills. It also places the ambassadorial role within the context of your organisation's overall communication strategy and will help you think through how to get the balance right between the internal calls on your time and attention, and going outwards as the 'ambassador'.
Other courses to consider
The Centre offers a wide programme of other communication courses including Radio and television interviews; Presentation skills; Influencing skills. This course is a useful one to run in-house as it helps you develop a shared understanding of what you expect of your representatives. It has been used as the basis of corporate awaydays. Contact us on 0207 490 3030 for more information. Our personal coaches and consultants can also help you develop your skills on a one-to-one basis
- £295 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £395 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £445 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)