Partnering for success
Partnering is everywhere these days - we are either expected to work in partnership, to find partners or to be part of a local strategic partnership. But what does the word really mean - what difference will 'working in partnership' make to our effectiveness? The secret is to build value.
Many organisations are moving from transactional relationships towards new types of partnership based on shared interests and mutually achievable outcomes. This one-day course will set you up for success and deal with 'relationship problems' so you can get the most out of collaborative working.
The course uses case studies and interactive, experiential learning (including role plays) to explore the bases of great partnerships and how to deal with the natural bumps along the road to success.
“This course has really helped me with different ways to resolve a problem and how to be more receptive to partnership working. It had the perfect mix of discussion and exercises.”
— JS, Living Streets
“The trainer ensured a friendly and relaxed, but to the point atmosphere. She had good time management and had a flexible approach. ”
— CG, Living Streets
“A great facilitation who made it relevant to our organisation. My objectives were definitely met and I learnt a lot about partnership in living streets.”
— JE, Living Streets
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course on our at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
During this one-day course you will cover:
- values as a basis for decision making
- why partner? Looking at motivations
- what do they think about us? Seeing it from the other side
- who's right? Dealing with conflict
- who gets what? Types of partnerships
- how? Building the business case
- when? Meeting your goals
- a year of free support
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone involved in partnering, programme and account management, fundraising and CSR in all organisations. For example, local authorities, education, health and housing in the public sector; account management, and institutional, corporate and major donor fundraisers in the third sector; and Corporate Social Responsibility teams in the private sector.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- understand the pivotal role played by values in collaboration
- identify the potential sources of friction in partnering relationships
- anticipate the impact of these friction points and implement ways of dealing with them
- empathise with a partner and see the relationship from their perspective
- use some tools and techniques to structure partnering relationships
- define 'win:win'
Other courses to consider
Look at our wide range of management courses which may be of interest for further training.
- £84.25 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £240 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £355 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)