Personal effectiveness: be more confident at work
(Former name: Be more confident at work)
Ever wish you had more confidence when you're at work? This course will help you find that confidence in a range of situations - speaking up at meetings, giving presentations, attending networking events, asking for a rise or more holidays or just generally feeling more confident within a group. We all wish we had more confidence in difficult situations but sometimes lack of confidence can be a real barrier to success at work. This Personal effectiveness training will help you look at the things that get in the way of confident behaviour and give you some practical tips and tools that you can take away and start to use straight away.
“It was a fantastic course and has helped immeasurably, not only at work but also generally. It is incredible what can be achieved in two days in one room. ”
— NH, Royal Albert Hall
“An excellent run course which was very engaging. I really enjoyed being on this course and I definitely now feel more confident within myself and my work.”
— AS, L&Q
“I now feel a lot more confident in my abilities and I hope I can continue to be more confident in future.”
— SS, Leukaemia and Lymphome Research
“I particularly enjoyed planning the presentation as this is something I have always struggled with.”
— MB, Chartered Institute of Highways and Transporta
“The course was great and very useful, but the trainer delivered it in such an engaging way that the material really sunk in. It was brilliantly interactive but I never felt put on the spot.”
— SF, Medecins Sans Frontieres
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course virtually for your organisation, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
Personal Effectiveness Training Courses in London
Over the two-days our personal effectiveness training courses will cover:
- basic assertiveness: the ideas behind assertive behavior and how you can apply them to your own situations
- assertiveness in dealing with senior managers and learning to say 'no'
- communicating in an assertive way leaving a positive impression with the people you meet
- confidence on the telephone: how to make sure you make your point on the phone, how to ask for what you want, how to finish a phone call when you want to without being rude
- prioritising your workload
- being more confident in meetings: how to get your point across, how to differ with someone else’s point without being or seeming aggressive
- how to chair a meeting
- dealing with difficult meeting participants
- speaking up: how to give a talk or a presentation, overcoming nerves, organising what you have to say, tricks for dealing with your voice and being heard
- giving talks or presentations, either one: one or to a large group
- negotiation skills: asking for what you want: how to decide what you really want and what you’ll settle for, how to ask for things successfully, how to negotiate with someone and how to finish a negotiation and close a deal
- difficult messages: what to do when you need to tell someone something they don’t want to hear
- representing your organisation
- a year of free support
Every participant goes away with a personal action plan to put into effect the next day.
Still not sure if this is the right course for you? Take a look at our assertiveness top tips for a free taster on the course and something handy for you to keep!
All our training courses are delivered virtually. The webinar systems used do not require software download.
Who is this course for?
Our Personal effectiveness training is ideal for anyone who feels nervous or unconfident at work. If you break out in a sweat when asked to speak at a meeting, suffer from nerves when you have to ask a colleague a favour, or just generally want to feel more confident when you're at work, this is the course for you.
This course is suitable for most levels of staff - from junior roles to middle management levels. Our Personal effectiveness course is predominantly for individuals who work with a range of clients, staff and managers and want to become more assertive. If you are unsure if this course is the right level for you feel free to call us on 020 7490 3030 to discuss your requirements.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
By the end of the Personal effectiveness training workshop you will be able to:
- speak confidently on the telephone, gain the information you need, get your own point across and end a call when you want to
- speak up at meetings, get your own point across effectively and differ with colleagues in a constructive and positive way without feeling or provoking hurt feelings
- chair a meeting confidently
- give a talk or presentation in an organised and confident manner
- ask for what you want and negotiate constructively with others
- get a difficult message across in a sympathetic and constructive way
Other courses to consider
What course can I do next? If you enjoy the parts of this course on giving presentations, you may want to enhance your skills with our one-day course Presentation skills: making confident and effective presentations or our two-day course Presentation skills: extending your public speaking skills. If you want to do more work on assertiveness you may find the one day-course Assertiveness skills useful.
- £892 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £1025 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)