Positive psychology coaching: applying the science
Our one-day training workshop, Positive psychology coaching: applying the science, is a scientific-based approach to help individuals identify, develop and apply strengths, increase wellbeing, improve performance and achieve important life goals.
Positive psychology provides techniques and highly effective approaches that coaches, and managers, can use to work with individuals towards positive transformation.
“There was so much to learn on this course, it could have gone on for days. I was impressed with the trainers resilience!”
— KH, Universities UK
“I now have new ways to think about how I approach things mentally and techniques for being mindful.”
— TB, ACU
“It was very helpful and useful to learn more about this area, I hope to put into practice what I l have learned. Thank you!”
— KR, Universities UK
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course on our at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
The course will cover:
- how to inspire growth and change and optimise the effectiveness of coaching practice by harnessing the science of positive psychology
- how to identify, develop and apply strengths in a coaching context
- understanding the role of identifying and maximising motivation in goal setting
- identify the importance of willpower in goal setting and harnessing the power of science to develop and maintain willpower for clients
- understanding what positive psychology reveals about attitudes to change and how the coach can use this to work towards success with clients
- take away a toolkit of practical positive psychology tips for coaching
- a year of free support
This training course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Who is this course for?
This training course is for people new to coaching as well as established coaches who want to optimise the effectiveness of their practice by harnessing and applying the science of positive psychology.
This course is also suitable for managers and leaders who want to improve the performance of their employees through positive psychology coaching.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This course provides a sound introduction to the science of positive psychology within coaching and how to utilise this science. The session covers a range of positive psychology approaches, from assessing and developing strengths to working with clients towards increased wellbeing and success.
You will learn and practice an essential toolkit of positive psychology techniques that effectively address positive transformation in relation to change, willpower, motivation and focus.
Other courses to consider
The Centre offers a wide range of personal effectiveness and management courses which compliment this training, including Increasing performance with positive psychology, Emotional intelligence in management and leadership and Mindfulness at work.
- £245 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £355 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £395 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)