PR strategies that work
(Former name: Successful PR strategies)
Successful public relations starts with a strategic approach, whether you are promoting an organisation, an initiative, a service, an issue or a product. If you have the responsibility for developing your organisation's PR strategy, this is the course for you!
This practical course will help you plan and implement successful PR strategies so you get the most from your budget.
“I thought Gill did an excellent job of keeping us engaged and offered a lot of helpful tips that were relevant to what we do. I would highly recommend this course!”
— HC, FSCS
“The course was relaxed and very engaging. The trainer was inclusive and it was interesting to hear success and failure stories - I have learned from her experience.”
— MO, Chartered Institute of Taxation
“The trainer was very encouraging and challenging - ie challenging me and the group to think beyond our current thoughts, tactics and approaches. Excellent course. ”
— FE, Rambert Dance Company
“I really enjoyed the course - there was a good pace and all aspects were explored. I feel confident to put together a clear PR strategy. ”
— CJ, Horsham District Council
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
Public Relations (PR) Strategy Training Courses in London
Public relations is sustained and managed communication, designed to help your organisation achieve its objectives and build its reputation. These PR courses will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to develop a PR strategy. Over the day you will cover:
- PR as part of the ‘marketing mix’
- identifying the key components of a PR Strategy
- where are we now? The PR audit
- Benchmarking your communications
- identifying and understanding your audiences
- developing clear messages
- the difference between strategic and tactical PR
- resourcing public relations work - what people, skills and financial resources do you need?
- creating clever PR campaigns
- crisis management strategy
- a year of free support
Who is this course for?
Our PR strategies that work course, in London, is for anyone who has responsibility for organisation communication. You may have been working as a press officer, or be managing a specific campaign, or you may have oversight of your organisation's communications. It will help you raise your organisation's game and sustain a well founded reputation. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This course will help you understand how public relations can support corporate aims, raise your organisation's profile and develop and protect its reputation. It will help you:
- recognise the importance of encouraging your organisation to be outward-facing
- review your current public relations performance, and audit your communications
- develop a public relations strategy
- use your current communications more effectively, and identify new opportunities
- Other courses to consider
- £295 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £395 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £445 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)