Problem solving: tools to enhance your performance
This practical two-day programme will help you become more effective at problem solving, whether the problems you face are due to people or systems. You will also become more aware of your own strengths and weaknesses in terms of problem solving and how these may impact your approach and the quality of the outcomes you achieve. The course will also examine what it takes to be a decisive decision maker and implement solutions that will not become problems later.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
The programme addresses the following areas:
- understanding the nature of problems and how they arise
- gaining a disciplined approach to setting objectives / outcomes to increase personal effectiveness
- overcoming problems through effective communication
- new techniques to overcome difficulties and 'road-blocks' in your relationships
- using creative thinking to arrive at good solutions
- improving problem solving through effective negotiation
- systems thinking and how you can use it to improve performance
- how to make brilliant decisions
- building trust and credibility with others
- a year of free support
Who is this course for?
The course will be useful for senior administrative staff and for managers and supervisors who want to develop more effective problem solving skills and who are seeking to enhance their personal performance as senior members of their organisations.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
You will gain an understanding of the strategic nature of problem solving using effective communication, creative and systems thinking and skillful negotiation. You will have a better understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses as a problem solver and decision maker. You will gain confidence in your problem solving and decision making skills. You will learn useful techniques for problem solving and will be given a problem solving 'toolkit' which you can use at your discretion depending on the situation you are facing.
The course is highly interactive and combines training sessions with practical exercises. Participants work as a group and in pairs and are encouraged to share their experiences and contribute to discussions from which everyone will gain.
- Other courses to consider
- £1091 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £1224 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)