Resolving conflict with the customer
Specially designed for staff whose job brings them into regular and direct contact with the general public, this London based conflict management course provides you with the tools and strategies to deal with unhappy customers positively, professionally and safely.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course virtually for your organisation, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
Dealing with the public can at times be a challenging and stressful experience. By the end of this course, you will have learnt how to anticipate, resolve and learn from conflict situations involving the customer and will feel more confident in dealing with those difficult situations assertively and appropriately. The course will be a lively mix of tutor led discussion and practical work including opportunity to share best practice.
The course covers:
- identifying the most common causes of customer conflict in your organisation
- anticipating and preventing conflict
- how to calm and contain an angry customer
- preventing conflict from escalating
- using enhanced listening and communication skills when under pressure
- identifying solutions that keep the customer and your employer happy
- dealing assertively with unacceptable behaviour
- how to conduct a dynamic risk assessment
- understanding complaints and escalation procedures
- learning from customer conflict
- a year of free support
All our training courses are delivered virtually. The webinar systems used do not require software download.
Who is this course for?
This conflict management course is designed for anyone whose job brings them into regular and direct - especially face-to-face - contact with the public. It's suitable for people at all levels within an organisation.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
By the end of the course you will know how to stop difficult situations from escalating and be more confident and better equipped to deal with customer complaints and angry clients, both in person and over the telephone, transforming unhappy customer experience into increased customer loyalty.
- Other courses to consider
- £522 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £589 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)