Retail sales techniques: theory into practice
Our Retail sales techniques course covers the theory behind the practical aspects of retail selling. It is designed to develop basic sales skills and includes practical exercises and role play on how to handle retail situations.
This course will develop skills for those new to retail selling situations and expand skills for more experienced sales staff. Starting from your organisation's sales strategic position, we will look at the priorities and SMART objectives that turn the vision into reality.
To help in these challenging times, we will examine the changes you want to bring about and choices you will have to make to maximise sales potential.
We will also discuss retail layout and design, and its impact on purchasing decisions, and look at health and safety.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course virtually for your organisation, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course.
During this one-day course you will cover:
- ways to engage the customer and create the best first impression
- the buyers decision making process and what customers want from the retail sales person
- listening and questioning skills
- understanding need
- presenting features, functions and benefits
- handling objections
- how to recognise buying signals
- closing the sale
- creating an excellent lasting impression
- a year of free support
All our training courses are delivered virtually. The webinar systems used do not require software download.
Who is this course for?
This one-day course is suitable for:
- sales staff with no formal training or with no retail sales experience
- staff returning to work after a career break
- staff changing roles
- those who need a 'skills refresher'
- retail sales managers
- area divisional managers
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
By the end of this Retail sales techniques course, you will be able to:
- identify the essential ingredients to make successful sales
- handle retail sales situations
- understand the theory behind sales practice
- communicate with customers in a positive manner
- create a positive buying environment
- put customer care into practice
- close sales leaving an excellent lasting impression
- Other courses to consider
- £522 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £589 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)