Self-awareness at work
Being self-aware in the workplace is vital if you want to develop your own skills and the skills of those you work alongside. On this one-day Self-awareness at work course you’ll learn how to identify and question the thoughts and stories that block us from living in productive emotional states.
Starting with an introduction to emotional intelligence, this practical course will also examine how you handle conflict and give and receive feedback.
“The trainer was wonderful, warm, engaging, collaborative and supportive. I very much enjoyed my day attending this course.”
— PE, Cineworld Cinemas
“This was a really positive course; it was great to discuss 'real life' situations with others. The trainer was very honest and enabled me to express my opinions.”
— LC, Oughton Primary and Nursery School
“The group was great, and everyone was open and honest. It made me realise that I'm not alone in struggles I face at work. ”
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 13 December, 2019
- 5 May, 2020
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then Group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
This Self-awareness course will improve your emotional intelligence and help you communicate more productively at work. Over the day you will cover:
- emotional intelligence: what it is and why it matters
- self-awareness: how do we develop it?
- self-awareness: identifying beliefs
- learn a simple, proven process for improving self-awareness
- understand how to identify your perceptions and beliefs about others at work
- see what lies ‘below the surface’ of your reactions
- getting clear: questioning beliefs
- learn how to question your thoughts about yourself and others
- understand the fears that block assertiveness and honesty
- learn how to assert yourself more calmly: why assertion doesn’t equal aggression
- handling conflict with confidence
- interpretations: ‘what someone says’ vs ‘what you think they say’
- learning how to handle sensitive / difficult issues
- taking responsibility vs being a victim; which one do you choose?
- questions and techniques for handling and resolving conflict situations
- giving and receiving better feedback
- criticism: how can we befriend it?
- receiving feedback: how to make it work for you
- giving feedback: how to give helpful, usable feedback
- taking it back to work
- action planning for future development
- exploring resources and support to continue your journey to greater self-awareness
- a year of free support
This self awareness training takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Who is this course for?
Our Self-awareness at work course is suitable for anybody who wants to understand emotional intelligence and how it can help them in the workplace.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
You will leave this course with an increased insight into your triggers, behaviours and responses to others. You will understand how to handle conflict and feedback with calm, gratitude and openness. This course will give you specific tools for improving your emotional intelligence and handling challenging situations enabling you to shift into a higher level of self-awareness and personal responsibility.
Other courses to consider
The Centre offers a wide range of personal effectiveness courses, including Emotional intelligence in management and leadership, Assertiveness skills, Personal effectiveness and Time management for managers.
- £408 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £455 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)