Talent management and succession planning
An organisation's greatest resource should be its people, but too often talent is under-utilised or even ignored. Too many good people are lost through poor planning or a lack of engagement, often leaving organisations without the skills they need to succeed. Managers and teams can often be too slow to develop the people they may soon be calling on to step-up and take on more responsibility.
This one-day Talent management and succession planning course will equip you with the tools and strategies you need to plan for your future HR needs and to be better able to build a resilient team. The course explores how to engage and develop staff, and to ensure that your organisation gets the best from its most important resource from the moment they arrive.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
Over the day you will cover:
- recognising talent and matching it to your organisational need
- the basics of succession planning and building team resilience
- smarter recruiting strategies to hire the right people at the outset
- techniques to address talent shortages and leadership gaps
- tools to inspire and reward staff
- how to better engage staff and inspire them to perform and develop
- how to create a culture that nurtures talent from the outset
- how to recognise and overcome barriers to development
- free 12 months call back service
Our Talent management and succession planning course takes place at the Centre's central London training suite with easy access to mainline rail, tube and bus links.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone responsible for HR decision-making or managing staff within an organisation. This Talent management training course covers strategies which can be adopted at both an organisational and individual managerial level.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
You will learn to recognise what can stop talent from being spotted and effectively managed and how to improve your own awareness. The course will outline practical steps to be taken to help staff develop within an organisation rather than want to leave it, at every stage of their working life. You will learn a range of practical techniques to assist your recruitment, induction, motivation, and day-to-day staff engagement.
Other courses to consider
The Centre offers a wide range of management training courses which complement this one-day course, including Motivating and inspiring your workforce, Emotional intelligence in management and leadership and Personal development review: a manager's tool kit.
- £345 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £445 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £495 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)