Building an effective team can be a challenge. This training course will identify the leadership style most appropriate for your work. You will cover the life-cycle of team development, the difference between leaders and managers, and the basic skills involved in leading a team so that you will leave with a clear idea of how to set targets and develop a team vision. There will be opportunities to practice the skills discussed and to share experiences and knowledge with other participants.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
Over the two days you will cover:
- understanding your own beliefs about leadership
- the characteristics of successful teams and what motivates them
- how to listen effectively to your team
- how to give constructive feedback
- how to provide coaching for teams
- how to deliver bad news
- how to identify what is going wrong in your team and what to do about it
- the importance of setting a good example
- a year of free support
Who is this course for?
This course is part of our management portfolio and is for anyone who is new to managing teams or who wants to improve their skills in team leadership. Whether your team is large or small, new or established, this course will have something for you. If your team lacks cohesion and focus, is hard to motivate or is stuck in conflict, we will provide you with some models and tools to help you find a way forward.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
The course will give you confidence in your role as a team leader. You will be able to provide clear direction to your team, understand their motivation and have some tried and tested tools for dealing with difficult issues.
- Other courses to consider
- £210 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £335 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)