What’s new in HR and employment
Ensure you are up to date with new employment legislation and case law decisions from the last couple of years, planned changes in the pipeline along with emerging HR best practice.
This practical workshop consists of activities, discussion and key information to ensure organisations are up to date on their HR compliance and best practice.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This course will cover:
- Employment status (gig economy, zero hours)
- The Good Work Plan
- Holiday pay and overtime/commission
- Parental bereavement leave and pay
- Right to be accompanied extensions
- Minimum wage enforcement
- Managing menopause at work
- Equality at work #MeToo #BlackLivesMatter
- Redundancy and new maternity protection
Who is this course for?
HR professionals and organisation leaders wanting to assess whether their policies and procedures are compliant with current legislation and future proof for emerging best practice and predicted legislation changes.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
Attendees will be able to:
• Refresh themselves on recent new legal requirements impacting employment
• Assess their organisational policies and procedures for compliance and best practice
• Consider a range of prioritised interventions in response to the new requirements
Other courses to consider
The Centre offers a wide range of courses to help managers and leaders develop their skills, including: Human Resources: the essentials, Restructure and redundancy workshop, Employment law for people managers workshop, Family-friendly working, Conducting a formal hearing (disciplinary, capability, absence), Working with the contract of employment
- £589 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £654 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)