Anti-harassment and anti-bullying in the workplace
Harassment and bullying can present some of the greatest challenges a workplace will ever face. They have the potential to undermine the entire fabric of a team, cause considerable stress for individuals and could challenge an organisation’s values and reputation, not to mention the potential legal implications. Some forms of harassment and bullying are obvious and can be spotted easily, but others can be subtle and complex to tackle.
This course has been designed to address harassment and bullying in the workplace, as well as giving staff the tools they need to be able to prevent and recognise harassment and bullying. The courses will provide delegates with the confidence to know what they should look out for, the preventative steps they can take, and how to deal with harassment and bullying should they occur.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This training is intended for anyone who may need to increase their awareness of harassment and bullying in the workplace and know how to tackle with these issues should they be encountered. The course will involve a combination theory and practical exercises, case studies, scenarios, short role play exercises and action planning.
- The meaning of harassment and bullying and their impact on the workplace and culture
- The legal and policy background to harassment and bullying
- How to spot the warning signs of harassment and bullying
- The subtleties of harassment and bullying – the differences between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour
- Raising workplace awareness and creating a culture that make it harder for harassment and bullying to occur
- The differences between harassment, bullying and strong management and honest teamwork
- How to support others who may be facing a harassment or bullying situation
- Challenging what might not be right
- Dealing with harassment and bullying if you encounter them
- Informal and formal processes to follow, including creating or working with anti-bullying policies
- Learning the lessons: how to stop mistakes being repeated
Who is this course for?
This training course is suitable for anyone who may wish to increase their knowledge and confidence in recognising and tackling workplace harassment and bullying, at any level. This course will suit managers, HR staff or anyone who wishes to be better empowered to tackle these issues. The course will take account of individual delegates’ circumstances and needs.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This course will help you to become more confident in recognising what harassment and bullying look like and the impact they can have on you, your team and the organisation as a whole. You will come away with practical strategies to help prevent harassment and bullying from occurring and to deal with them confidently if they do.
- £589 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £654 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)