Building Belonging: Understanding Unconscious Bias & Harnessing Emotional Intelligence
This one-day workshop has been developed to create time to pause and think about you, your emotions, your unconscious biases and your passion. Understanding your needs is the starting point of the day but the real focus will be applying that self-awareness to the way you communicate, build relationships and position yourself as an authentic, inclusive and positive manager.
During the day we’ll spend time looking at the key concepts and models for better understanding yourself. But significantly, with each theme we explore we’ll spend time action-planning and thinking about how you can apply those approaches in practical ways in your teams.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This practical one-day workshop will provide a welcome opportunity to come together with other managers and to share best practice.
During the day we’ll be considering some key themes:
- Why does trust matter: the business case
- Key concepts: unconscious bias, emotional intelligence and emotional labour
- The importance of accurate self-assessment
- Perceptions vs. Reality
- Moving from Equality Diversity and Inclusion to Belonging and Community
- Unconscious bias: Project Implicit discussion and action planning
- Emotional Intelligence: understanding your strengths
- How unconscious bias can impact recruitment and selection
- Surgery session: sharing and embedding these approaches in your work
Who is this course for?
The course has been specifically designed to create time for you to pause and think about you, your emotions, your unconscious biases and your passion. and understanding your needs, but the real focus will be applying that self-awareness to the way you communicate, build relationships and position yourself as an authentic, inclusive and positive manager.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This facilitated workshop will give you the framework, time and opportunity to reflect meaningfully about your personal management style and how you can use that understanding to build rapport, relationships and an inclusive culture at your organisation.
You will have a better practical understanding of what it means to work with emotional intelligence, your unconscious biases and how to mitigate against them, and how to manage your emotional labour. The focus of the day will be creating a personal action plan to implement positive changes in your own working life as well as sharing these practices to the people you support.
- Other courses to consider
- £469 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £522 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)