Essential skills for administrators
(Former name: Administration: essential skills for administrators)
In any organisation, the administration team has the biggest variety of responsibilities. It has to be constantly flexible and responsive to the needs of management. The administration team is the face of the organisation as they can be the first point of contact for clients. Though the clerical and office skills of the team are often overlooked, the best admin assistants can make themselves stand out by being proactive and efficient.
“The trainer was very professional, knowledgeable and pleasant to learn from. I will be able to implement what I learnt from this course into my work.”
— AA, Moorfields Eye Hospital
“The trainer was great and kept everyone interested. I have now got some great ideas on how to prioritise.”
— AS, Mentor Graphics UK Ltd
“The trainer was very clear and straight to the point. I like how the group got to share their experiences.”
— HW, Rosebury Housing Association
“I really enjoyed this course. The trainer was easy to listen to, had good tips and allowed plenty of time for discussion.”
— JG, London Borough of Havering
“The training today has been the best possible use of my time. I can thoroughly recommend this course to others. ”
— SB, NUT
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 17 May, 2019
- 26 July, 2019
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then Group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
Secretarial & Office Admin Courses in London
Our admin courses in London will give you the key administration skills you need, and will cover:
- supporting your managers and other team members effectively
- managing your time, priorities and workload
- creating effective administrative systems
- communicating face to face with confidence
- presenting a professional and friendly image and providing good customer service for internal and external customers
- delegating to others and accepting delegation
- dealing with difficult situations
- top tips for writing effective emails and letters
- a year of free support
These admin courses take place at the Centre's central London training suite with easy access to mainline rail, tube and bus links.
Who is this course for?
Our admin courses in London are aimed at administrative and clerical assistants, secretaries and receptionists who want to improve their administration skills. It is designed for for individuals who have had 3 years or less experience in an admin role. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This admin course will help you become more effective and efficient at work by ensuring that you are equipped with the essential administration skills to deal with your workload and to be an effective team member.
- Other courses to consider
- £245 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £355 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £395 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)