Tackling gender inequality remains one of the most persistent challenges facing organisations in the 21st century. Gender equality is vital for a mature, fair and effective workplace yet is often misunderstood and not properly prioritised.
If gender equality is to be truly championed within an organisation everyone – from the most senior leaders to entry-level staff – needs to understand the challenges, the barriers, the impact of their own behaviours and attitudes and – most importantly of all – what they can do. This course will examine what everyone can do to understand and promote workplace gender equality.
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 24 September, 2019
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then Group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
This gender equality training course is intended for anyone, at any level, who wishes to develop appropriate tools and understanding to be confident in supporting and promoting gender equality within the workplace.Over the day you will cover:
- what we mean by gender and gender equality
- the cultural and social background, including socially-constructed roles and intersectionality
- the legal background – how to avoid and deal with direct and indirect sex and gender discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- looking beyond the binary – gender as a spectrum and an identity
- current issues in workplace gender equality
- recognising and tackling unconscious gender biases
- the relationship between language, communication and gender
- how to develop language and communication that build positive, supportive workplace relationships
- how to be a champion of gender equality in the workplace
- strategies for promoting gender equality throughout organisations
- transgender and non-binary gender awareness
- how to challenge gender inequalities in the workplace
- common workplace gender equality case studies and scenarios
- gender equality and my role: personal problem-solving and action-planning
Who is this course for?
Our gender equality training course is suitable for anyone, at any level of an organisation, who wishes to develop appropriate tools and understanding to be confident in supporting and promoting gender equality in the workplace. This course will provide practical tools, whether you wish to improve your own knowledge, to support and champion others, or to promote gender equality across your whole organisation. The course leader will be able to address issues specific to your role to ensure you get the most out of the training.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
You will learn about the background to gender equality and why this is such an important and challenging issue in modern workplaces, including the different nuances of gender, the importance of history and context and the impact of the Law. You will learn how to recognise and tackle unconscious biases (in yourself and in others) which can impact on gender equality and how to develop and use language appropriately. You will gain confidence in identifying and tackling key gender equality issues in the workplace, including becoming a champion of gender equality and knowing how to challenge inequalities and support colleagues. You will also gain awareness of how to support and champion the needs of all genders, including those who are transgender and non-binary.
- Other courses to consider
- £345 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £445 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £495 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)