A discussion and activity led workshop which enables attendees to identify the legal protections given to employees with family responsibilities, to assess the benefits of providing family-friendly arrangements at work and know how to manage time off and contract variations for family-friendly reasons.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This course will cover:
-Maternity, paternity, adoption leave and pay
-Shared parental leave
-Ordinary parental leave
-Parental bereavement leave and pay
- The business case for accommodating employee’s family needs
- Covering the absence
- Remuneration and benefits during leave
- Special redundancy rights
- Part time working
Who is this course for?
HR professionals and line managers to ensure they are equipped to pro-actively support their employees and effectively respond to their requests.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
Attendees will be able to:
• Appreciate their obligations related to family-friendly legislation
• Assess the benefits of going beyond the applicable legal obligations
• Practically support their workforce with family-friendly working arrangements in line with business needs
- Other courses to consider
- £589 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £654 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)