Recruitment and selection: finding the right person for the job
Designed to help you recruit the right person for the job, this interactive, one-day Recruitment training course will help you build a diverse and competent workforce for your organisation.
Our Recruitment and selection training course is perfect for all managers with responsibility for recruitment. Led by Lucy Whitehall, the course benefits from the knowledge and advice of an MSc HR Management and CIPD qualified facilitator with 17 years of commercial experience.
“Fantastic, engaging, useful information and guidance on how to action and implement updates. The trainer really listened to us and was great to work with.”
— HS, Cambridge Junction
“Very interesting, provided opportunity to assess current level of understanding and a chance to explore the issues.”
— KM, The Butler Trust
“The tutor was fantastic and I'm looking forward to employing these tactics and strategies for our next round of recruitment!”
— SL, Cambridge Junction
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course on our at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This course covers:
- setting the scene: recruitment vs selection
- a basic overview of equalities legislation as it applies to recruitment and selection
- planning for recruitment
- writing a job description
- preparing an effective person specification
- the recruitment advert
- recruitment documentation
- choosing your selection methods
- shortlisting against the selection criteria
- preparing for a great interview
- effective questioning
- evaluating candidates (objective decision-making)
- importance of records
- next steps
- communicating the decision/giving feedback
- pre-employment checks
- job offer
- a year of free support
The session will include a variety of practical exercises and participants will receive a comprehensive pack to take away with them, including a selection of template documents.
This training course, Recruitment and selection, takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Who is this course for?
Recruitment and selection: finding the right person for the job is suitable for managers at any level, who are responsible for recruitment and selection in their role.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
After completion of this course you will appreciate the practical implications of equalities legislation on the recruitment and selection process.
You will be able to plan, prepare and conduct an effective and objective recruitment and selection process, ensuring the best person for the job is selected.
Other courses to consider
If you are interested in running this course in-company, please contact Nadira Love, In-Company Training Coordinator on 020 7490 3030.
- £345 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £445 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £495 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)