The Executive PA: moving from secretary to an executive PA role
(Former name: From secretary to PA: becoming a proactive PA)
For PAs who have just been promoted to the role or wish to progress to a more senior level.
The Executive PA is in a position of special responsibility; supporting directors and senior managers and playing a pivotal role in the management team requires a proactive approach and range of communications and organisational skills.
Our practical two-day personal assistant training courses will help you understand your role and learn what is expected from an Executive PA, finding solutions to common problems whilst sharing experiences with other course participants.
“A well worth the time course. The trainer was inspirational and helped us to be actively engaged in the course.”
— AL, Swarovski
“I enjoyed the course. All topics were covered clearly in an informal manner and relaxed environment. It was good to be able to talk to other PAs about similar situations or problems they were facing.”
— YL, McLaren Racing Ltd
“I really enjoyed the course and found it really helpful to me as a beginner. It has made me feel more confident in going back to work. The trainer was excellent and I found her advice valuable.”
— KDA, Macmillan Cancer Support
“I have learnt a lot of new techniques and it has given me now the confidence to implement new ideas into my boss's diary. ”
— SW, British Hopsitality Association
“This course has been a life saver! I have learnt so much and it has been therapeutic, too. Thank you!”
— LD, London Borough of Newham
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 20 November, 2019 – 21 November, 2019
- 23 January, 2020 – 24 January, 2020
- 27 February, 2020 – 28 February, 2020
- 9 June, 2020 – 10 June, 2020
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then Group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
Secretary to PA Training Course London
Over the two-days of our Secretary to PA training course you will cover:
- becoming more proactive in your role as PA
- the qualities of a good Executive PA
- developing your relationship with your Director
- time management and learning to prioritise
- confidence, assertiveness skills and learning to say ‘no'
- influencing skills and managing upwards
- delegation and negotiation skills
- an introduction to line management
- key communication skills including an introduction to presentations
- meeting and chairing skills
- working with a senior management team
- corporate culture
- networking and representing your Director
- a year of free support from your trainer
This secretarial PA training course take place at the Centre's Central London training suite.
Who is this course for?
This secretarial/personal assistant training course is for anyone who wants to progress from secretary to an Executive PA, or who has taken on a senior PA role and wants to get an overview of what is involved and develop skills for the role.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
The Executive PA course will equip you to understand your role as an Executive PA and give you the skills to make a success of it. You will learn new techniques for assertiveness, confidence building presentations and influencing. It will help you manage yourself and your Director so that your relationship flourishes. Networking with other PAs attending the course will give you new ideas and contacts.
Other courses to consider
The Centre offers a wide programme of other management and administration courses, including Minutes, Advanced Minutes: formal minute taking for Board and Governance meetings and Assertiveness skills.
- £776 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £891 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)