The effective learning and development administrator
(Former name: How to be an effective training administrator)
Designed for individuals who need an understanding of organisational learning and development, who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required for this role. This course is intended as a practical experience where participants will be able to review the role and support they currently provide, and have an opportunity to generate new ideas that can be applied in the workplace.
“I think the course met my objectives very well - I now have a better understanding. The trainer was excellent - knowledgeable, engaging and interactive.”
— SH, A2Dominion Housing Group Ltd
“Very good - it was clear, informative and stimulating. It gave me the confidence that I know more than I realised but I also came away with some new ideas.”
— KL, Archbishops' Council
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course on our at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
Training Administrator Courses in London
For PAs and learning and development administrators who wish to improve their contribution to the training function. The course will cover:
1. Understanding the learning cycle and how it links with the needs of your organisation:
- reviewing the changing role of training and development within organisations
- developing a culture of learning
- evaluating training interventions
2. The role of the learning and development administrator:
- defining roles and responsibilities
- developing key competencies
- building relationships across the organisation
- managing expectations
3. Organisational performance:
- reviewing the development opportunities within your organisation
- defining the needs and priorities for the business and employees
- promoting professional development and engaging commitment
4. Planning and delivery:
- learning and development policies and individual access
- using effective planning tools
5. Reviewing learning and development costs:
- overview of budget management
- establishing a network of contacts
- developing sustainable methods of delivery
6. Recording learning and development information:
- reviewing current L&D systems
- providing an audit trail for training and development interventions
7. Evaluating benefits:
- reviewing training evaluation methods and data analysis
- identifying what needs to change?
- action planning
This course also includes a year of free support from your trainer.
This training administrator course takes place at the Centre's central London training suite with easy access to mainline rail, tube and bus links.
Who is this course for?
The Effective learning and development administrator course is ideal for PAs, training administrators, training assistants or training managers and secretaries who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required for this role. This course is intended as a practical experience where participants will be able to review the role and support they currently provide, and have an opportunity to generate new ideas that can be applied in the workplace. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This course is designed to ensure that you are:
- equipped with the essential skills to confidently give professional support in the planning, preparation and delivery of learning interventions
- provided with a good knowledge of training and development options, best practice and the interpersonal skills necessary to support your organisation and staff.
- Other courses to consider
- £245 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £355 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £395 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)