Training the trainer
Increasingly, many of us are called upon to train colleagues or run training sessions for partner organisations. Perhaps you have a role in induction training, or maybe you are a manager who needs to upskill your team to face a new challenge. Maybe you are an IT professional who helps staff develop the skills to use a new system. Perhaps you would like to move into training as a career move.
Whether training is a big part of your role, or just a small aspect of your job, our two-day Training the trainer course will help you design and deliver effective training programmes. You will gain confidence in how to present information effectively with variety and flair and acquire the skills to deal with the dynamics of group learning.
Unlike a lot of train the trainer courses our course is highly practical and will introduce you to new techniques, enhance your communication skills and provide lots of opportunities to 'have a go'.
“An excellent course that exceeded my fairly high expectations. The trainer brought the group together very well to make it a very effective session. It felt like a very supportive environment.”
— AC, Anji Clarke Contracts & Copyright
“The course exceeded my expectations, it was brilliant and I feel I left with lots of valuable knowledge. It was the best training venue I have ever been to. An excellent overall experience.”
— SF, Museum of London
“One of the best courses I have been on - energetic, interesting, motivating, really good tools.”
— GC, Counsel and Care
“I've taken away some excellent tools I use in training myself. The Centre provided a comfortable environment in which to learn.”
— ZR, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
“An excellent course and trainer. I would absolutely recommend this course and will be introducing it to my organisation. Very valuable!”
— CB, Breast Cancer Campaign
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course virtually for your organisation, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
Training the Trainer Course in London and the UK
Our Training the trainer course is practical and fun, and solidly based in modern learning theory. Whether your training is mainly about helping people develop new skills, or acquire new knowledge or it is aimed at challenging their thinking, you will find our train the trainer course gives you the confidence to be an effective trainer.
Over the two days you will cover:
- understanding and motivating learners
- recognising and overcoming barriers to learning
- how to motivate and energise learners
- developing training that is relevant and accessible
- understanding your own learning style
- designing training to suit different learning styles
- understanding the dynamics of group learning
- learning as an on-going process
- establishing aims and objectives for training
- training needs assessment - developing training that meets the needs of the organisation and individual learners
- identifying learning outcomes
- creating a safe, productive learning environment
- blended learning
- what is 'blended learning'?
- developing a blended learning programme including e.learning, action learning sets, coaching, shadowing, workshops, open space learning
- training techniques
- icebreakers and energisers
- effective group work
- using different stimuli (eg case studies, role play, questions, metaphor, quizzes and checklists, mindmaps)
- planning a training programme
- developing session plans
- monitoring and evaluation
- facilitation skills
- your personal presentation skills
- handling difficult situations
Our Training the trainer training course also includes a year of free support from your trainer.
- understanding and motivating learners
Who is this course for?
The Training the trainer training course is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their training skills. You may run training sessions on behalf of you organisation, or be asked to share your knowledge in support of the professional development of colleagues at work.
If you are an experienced trainer who would like to develop your skills further, some one-to-one coaching may be more suitable. Contact The Centre office on 020 7490 3030 for more information about this service.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
Following the completion of our train the trainer course you will be able to design your own training session and be flexible and creative in the way you work with others. You will understand more about how people learn and the role of the trainer in facilitating and evaluating the learning process. You will have a wider range of delivery tools and techniques to call on, and know when and how to use them.
Other courses to consider
Other courses you may be interested in are Presentation skills: making confident and effective presentations and Supervision skills. You may also find our Assertiveness training of use when dealing with confidence issues.
You may also be interested in purchasing the Centre's published book: Training the trainer.
- £1091 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £1224 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)