Working with the contract of employment
The contract of employment underpins the employment relationship, manages the expectations of both the employer and employee and has significant implications where there is a breach – from either party. This practical workshop explains that fundamental underpinning through activities, case studies and discussion.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This course will cover:
- Employment status
- Contract law
- Legal requirements
- Key clauses
- Fixed term contracts
- Part time contracts
- Implied terms
- Contract changes
- Breach of contract
Who is this course for?
HR professionals and organisation leaders involved in creating and interpreting terms of employment.
Line managers so they understand the implications of their teams’ terms of employment.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
Attendees will be able to:
• Identify the relevant employment law surrounding terms and conditions of employment
• Write and update relevant documents affecting terms and conditions of employment
• Understand how to comply with the terms agreed between employer and the workforce
Other courses to consider
The Centre offers a wide range of courses to help managers and leaders develop their skills, including: Human Resources: the essentials, Restructure and redundancy workshop, Employment law for people managers workshop, Family-friendly working, Conducting a formal hearing (disciplinary, capability, absence)
- £589 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £654 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)