Effective office management
(Former name: Office management)
An efficient office is often commented on or given due praise. An inefficient office can cause the organisation a lot of stress and strife amongst staff. Planning and co-ordinating the smooth and efficient execution of the workload, building up and maintaining a motivated and professional workforce are only some of the demands of the job of the office manager.
This two-day Office management training course will help you develop an assertive and organised approach to managing people and processes in your office, to facilitate harmonious and productive working. It includes key management skills and planning techniques to improve information flow and achieve objectives.
“I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and felt that the trainer helped us all tackle some difficult issues.”
— SE, Dahl and Dahl Ltd
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course on our at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
Office Management Training Courses in London
On this two-day office management training course you will cover:
- understanding the role and responsibilities of a successful office manager
- motivating your staff to achieve their objectives
- giving constructive feedback to individuals
- prioritising the workload and minimising stress
- developing your people by delegating effectively
- using project management tools to plan a small project
- managing a simple budget
- working with others effectively
- dealing with change
- controlling meetings and briefings constructively and assertively
- a year of free support
Our Office management training courses take place at the Centre's Central London training suite with excellent links to mainline rail and tube stations.
Who is this course for?
Our Office management training courses for all those who deal with the day-to-day running of the office, whether managers, office managers, PAs, secretaries or administrative staff. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This Office management training course will help you understand the range of responsibilities and skills required to run an office, both in terms of people skills and getting the most from your team, as well as techniques and procedures to aid the effective running of the office.
Other courses to consider
The Centre runs a range of courses aimed at administrators, PAs, secretaries, receptionists and office managers. See our training courses in: The Executive PA, Time management for administrators: managing time and workload, Reception skills, Essential skills for administrators, or Customer care and telephone skills.
All of the above courses are run on our Open Programme and can also be run in-company at your own premises on a date of your choice.
- £450 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £675 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £775 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)