Conflict resolution: an introduction
This London-based conflict management training course provides you with the practical tips, techniques and strategies to calmly and effectively deal with the day-to-day niggles and disagreements of everyday working life.
“The course was very informative and able to deliver additional tools and mechanisms that I can and will apply to all future potential clients. ”
— WM, NHS Coastal CCG
“I have come away from the course with some great tools which I can apply professionally and personally. Carolyn created a safe environment and tailored the course to our needs.”
— CB, CWS CCG
“The course was very informative and helpful, lots of visual aid and techniques to take away. Very approachable trainer.”
— SR, NHS
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
In even the best run organisation, conflict happens. Conflict doesn't have to be costly or have negative consequences, though left unacknowledged it can be distracting at best and at worst, destructive. So unlock the positive potential of conflict and learn how to approach conflict situations constructively and with increased confidence. The course covers:
- recognising and understanding conflict in the workplace and why it happens
- understanding individual reactions to conflict
- managing reactions to conflict
- making interventions appropriate to the situation
- knowing when to get involved
- getting to the heart of a conflict
- dealing with emotion
- enhanced communication skills
- finding the common ground between oppositional positions
- creating a future focus
- joint problem solving
- following a structured process for resolving conflict
- other conflict management techniques
- a year of free support
This conflict resolution course takes place the Centre's Central London training suite located in Old Street, London.
Who is this course for?
This Conflict resolution course is suitable for new managers or anyone wanting to develop their effectiveness in dealing with conflict.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, private sector and corporate sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This course will help you understand why conflict happens and will provide you with tips and techniques to help diffuse and resolve conflict situations at an early stage. The day will include practical work and there will be plenty of opportunity for group discussion and to share experiences.
Other courses to consider
Other courses around the areas of managing conflict and mediation are Resolving conflict with the customer and Mediation skills for managers. Call us on 020 7490 3030 for more information on either of these courses.
- £345 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £445 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £495 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)