CV writing and interview skills
Applying for a job is a skill everyone needs to harness, and in practice that means getting your CV in shape and practicing your interview skills.
The purpose of this one-day course is to understand how to be the best possible candidate you can be for the job you want.
Over the day you will get to the bottom of what employers are looking for, learn how to create a winning CV and practice your interview style.
“The course has fully equipped me on the do's and don't's of writing a CV. I have also learnt a lot for future interviews I have. I will be recommending this course.”
— UA, WEA
“The course met all my objectives to a very satisfactory level. I would be happy to attend more training at the centre and with the same trainer!”
— EL, Translate Media
“This course went beyond my expectations. I found the advice practical and down to earth.”
— DR, IPREO
Course dates and location
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Please note: we allow a maximum of three people per organisation on our Individual training courses.
Our next available course dates for individuals are:
- 3 May, 2019 — 15% off
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Alternatively, we can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then Group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
This one-day course covers:
- what you want from your next job
- discover what your employer is looking for
- understand the purpose of a CV
- target your CV for specific jobs
- what to include and what to leave out of your CV
- write strong personal statements
- consider key interview questions
- gather information and evidence to use in your answers
- improving your body language
- practice your interview techniques in a supportive and friendly environment
- how to ask for feedback
- a year of free support
We ask delegates to bring along their current CV with them to work on during the course. If you not have a current CV don’t worry – we will prepare a new one with you on the course. Delegates can bring a lap-top, iPad, or similar to work on, if they prefer.
This training course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Who is this course for?
Our CV writing and interview skills training course is aimed at people who want to brush up their skills whether or not they are applying for a job now.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
This training course, held in London, will give you the tools and confidence you need to prepare for your next career move. By the end of the course you will:
- understand the value of your experience when applying for a job
- know how to read a job advert
- know how to write a CV
- be able to prepare effectively for interviews
- understand how to present yourself best
- be confident asking for feedback
Other courses to consider
This course can be delivered as a one-to-one coaching session with trainer Liz Sewell. Coaching sessions can be arranged at a time and place to suit you. For more information please contact us on 020 7490 3030.
The Centre also offers a selection of courses which complement this one, including: Developing your personal brand, Presentation skills, Assertiveness skills and Personal effectiveness: be more confident at work.
- £295 plus VAT small charity price (applies to registered charities with an annual turnover of less than £3m)
- £395 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to all other charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £445 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)