Presenting with PowerPoint: a practical workshop
(Former name: PowerPoint: bring your presentation to life)
Slides are a visual aid, not to be confused with text documents. During a presentation, they're more like your partner in a double-act, the dummy to your ventriloquist, the stooge to your stand-up. This one-day PowerPoint training course will help you to enhance your presentations, and the audience's experience, through effective and clever use of PowerPoint.
This course will encourage delegates to explore the use of PowerPoint by asking - How will slides help me: To keep me on track? As a trigger for discussion? A stimulus for the imagination? To provoke discussion? To consolidate learning? To let my audience know where they are, where they're going, or where they've been?
Through practice and peer and trainer feedback, delegates will gain confidence and tangible skills that will improve their presentations during this one-day PowerPoint course.
“The time went very quickly - all of it was very useful. I thought that it was great to have a go at working on our own presentations as well as seeing a before and after.”
— LP, Diabetes UK
“A thoroughly useful course where the trainer was confident and kept me interested. I feel much more able to face the challenges of presenting.”
— GM, NHS
“The course has given me really good hints and the confidence to do a 3 minute presentation with valuable feedback. The trainer was incredibly engaging and listened to our needs.”
— FD, Talbot
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course virtually for your organisation, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
This one-day course will cover:
Content and layout
- deciding your aims - how will slides help?
- keeping slides to a minimum
- making them short and simple - no more than five points per slide
- deciding what to show and what to tell
- keeping slides consistent
- making them memorable - using graphics and images
- building in audience interactivity
- whether and how to use animation
- guidelines on reader-friendly styles, fonts and colours
Preparation and performance
- deciding when and how to reveal
- making transitions work for you
- adding value to the text, rather than repeating it
- pausing - to let people process images or information
- rehearsing with the words and timing yourself
- relating to/engaging with the screen
- engaging with the audience
After you have completed the course, you will have a year of free support.
All our training courses are delivered virtually. The webinar systems used do not require software download.
Who is this course for?
This one-day PowerPoint: bring your presentation to life course is for anyone who uses PowerPoint for presentations in their current role. Alternatively, the course is perfect for anybody, at any level, who would like to learn some useful tools and techniques to improve their PowerPoint skills at creating interactive and memorable presentations.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
By the end of the course you will have gained an insight into how to use PowerPoint to achieve your aims. You will also learn how to adapt and 'own' your slides for any presentation, to any audience.
- Other courses to consider
- £522 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £589 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)