Personal development review: manager’s tool kit
Personal development review meetings and appraisals are often seen as something that has to be completed as quickly as possible, a 'box ticking' exercise for HR. This one-day course will help you to motivate staff to view their review process as a valuable tool for assessing their performance. You'll learn why skilled and meaningful appraisals are key to organisational success and how to make sure that your system is fit for purpose.
Organisations of all types undertake performance reviews in order to measure performance, plan and celebrate successes as well as identify development needs. This interactive and practical programme will provide you with a powerful framework to motivate, inspire and develop staff at all levels.
Course dates and location
We can deliver this course at your venue, for your team, on a date and time that suits you. If you have four or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact one of our Training Coordinators on 020 7490 3030 or email for more information and a quote.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training suite then register your interest with us. Currently, this course is run on request meaning that a date will be scheduled once we have at least three people interested in attending this course. Please contact us to log your interest in this course.
- There are no dates available at the moment.
Over the day you will cover:
- why hold review meetings?
- the ingredients for effective personal development reviews
- creating an environment conducive to review meetings
- developing objectives
- the psychology of appraisals
- key interpersonal skills necessary for effective appraisal communication
- reflective practice and why it’s important
- giving and receiving feedback
- difficult conversations
- individual action plan
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Who is this course for?
Our Personal development review course, held in London, will provide an introduction to the skills, knowledge and attributes that are required to deliver effective review meetings. You'll leave with a tool kit of skills and strategies to motivate and inspire your staff through meaningful appraisals.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including public, voluntary, corporate and private.
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- develop an effective personal development review system
- identify appraisal roles
- draw upon a range of communication styles and skills when delivering appraisal
- give and receive feedback
- manage difficult conversations
- identify the impact of cognitive psychology upon the review process
- motivate and inspire staff
- plan performance and identify areas for development
- Other courses to consider
- £512 plus VAT not-for-profit price (applies to charities and all other not-for-profit organisations, including public sector and housing)
- £569 plus VAT standard price (applies to all other organisations)